Foreign student admission at Paris Descartes
Here you will find information on :
- Admission requirements for Paris Descartes University for foreign students
- Pre-registration for :
Admission requirements for Paris Descartes University for foreign students. Prospective students must
- Hold the French baccalaureate or a diploma giving access to higher education in their country of origin
- Demonstrate proficiency in the French language, for which there are 4 options:
- B2 level in the TCF (Test de Connaissance du Français)
- B2 level in the TEF (Test d’Evaluation du Français)
- B2 level in the DELF (Diplôme d’Evaluation de Langue Française)
- the DALF diploma (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française)
- Express their motivation to study in France
- Have valid papers or a student visa
- Be able to fund their stay in Paris (with a minimum of 800 euros per month)
*B2: independent user
Pre-register with the DEVU (Direction des Etudes et de la Vie Universitaire)
12 rue de l’École de Médecine - 75006 Paris
Metro station: Odéon or RER B: Saint-Michel. Galerie Pasteur – Door A1 “Formalités administratives, cartes de séjour”
Phone : +33 (0)1 76 53 17 01
Contact : email@example.com
If you are registering for your first year in Health Studies (PAES)
- Admission requirements for non-European Students
French Baccalaureate or equivalent. B2 level in the French language certified by the TCF, TEF, DELF or DALF
Admission procedure: You must procure a preliminary entrance form (Demande d’Admission Préalable (DAP)) at the French Embassy in your country of origin.
Entering the Institute of Technology (IUT) in the first year
Students must procure an application form directly from the IUT and return it to it directly. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-register with the central admissions office: email@example.com
Requests for degree equivalency are tobe sent directly to the Registrar’s office of the Training andResearch Department (Unité de Formation et de Recherche or UFR,) or of theFaculty chosenby the foreign students. The persons in charge of the degree sought after willthen determine (upon proposition of a pedagogical committee) the level ofadmission of the foreign students. The University needs to receive theapplications in May at the latest. The students will receive notification oftheir application status (via regular mail) as early as possible.
Include in your application:
- your foreign degree(s),
- a certified translation of said degree(s),
- a detailed description of the courses taken, translated into French and certified authentic. The more this description is complete and detailed, with grades, courses, number of hours per course etc, the better your application will be received.
- A B2 level* at least in the TCF, TEF, DELF or DALF
*B2: independent user
Pre-register with the Central office of doctoral students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative registration at Paris Descartes University
Bring all necessary documents with you to the headquarters of the University so as to register and to be issued your student card. Université Paris Descartes, 12 rue de l’École de Médecine, 75006 Paris - “Salle des Inscriptions.” Metro station: Odéon or RER B: Cluny La Sorbonne.
- Paying tuition fees and Social Security fees
Tuition costs between 200 and 300 Euros per year according to the level of studies pursued. Foreign students who need to register for Social Security must pay Social Security fees at the time of their administrative registration (203 Euros). Administrative registration allows students to be issued a student card.