Several options, including scholarships, aid programs, FSDIE (a student financial aid program), and social assistance, are available to help you pursue your studies in optimal conditions.
FSDIE – Social aid programs
The FSDIE, a student financial aid program, has a social aid branch that helps university students experiencing short-term financial hardship.
A university social sub-committee meets around every six weeks to consider the various requests it receives.
FSDIE aid applications can be picked up and submitted through the Student Social Department (see below) or Student Life Department (contact details provided opposite).
Please note that applications cannot be submitted by mail. Aid requests will be approved following a one-on-one interview.
Social assistants are available to lend an ear, help, provide support, assist you, and direct you to the right providers. Whether you’re experiencing personal, family, social, or financial challenges, the Social Department is here to help. Anything you discuss with CROUS social assistants will be kept confidential.
The social assistants are there to:
- help students experiencing social, family, or personal challenges
- restore social ties when an individual is at risk of disconnecting or becoming marginalized
- help students complete their academic goals
- help students take advantage of their rights and inform them of the university’s services (health center, AGIR, etc.) and services provided by outside partners—in short, form a bridge between Crous services and the university
- examine financial aid applications
- help with the various social-oriented bodies and commissions within our university
Student Life Department
Division of Studies and University Life
Right wing of the building – Door A.0.5
12, rue de l’Ecole de Médecine 75006 PARIS
Telephone: +33 (0)1 76 53 17 50
Saints-Pères University Center
45, rue des Saints-Pères 75006 PARIS
Telephone: +33 (0)1 76 53 19 19 or 19 20
Hours of operation:
- Every morning except Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. No appointment necessary.
- Open on appointment every afternoon from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.