The University Department of Sports and Physical Activity offers over 70 recreational athletic activities, including aikido, juggling, aerobics, salsa, yoga, Thai boxing, chess, rugby, sailing, fencing, tango, badminton… for you to enjoy all year round!
For sign-up information, visit the University Department of Sports and Physical Activity website (in french).
Students may enroll in a sports elective through some degree programs and during certain university years. Course evaluations include a practical and theoretical component.
Paris Descartes University offers arrangements so elite-level athletes who are currently playing at a national level or aspiring to do so can reach their athletic and academic goals.
Pre-requisites for elite-level athlete status at Paris Descartes:
- Be included on the list of elite-level athletes of the French Ministry of Youth, Sports, and Associations (elite, aspiring, youth, and training partner category or enrolled in the France, New Talent, and Athletic Training Center Divisions). A system of aid programs and arrangements is available to help elite athletes prepare for national and international competitions while also completing a university degree program.
- Provide proof of intensive practice of a national-level sport. To help students combine a successful academic career with sports, Paris Descartes University recognizes the elite-level status of athletes who are not on the list of the French Ministry of Youth, Sports, and Associations. These athletes must apply to the University Department of Sports and Physical Activity and provide proof they compete at a national level. Students will be granted elite-athlete status based on the merits of their application.
The form must be submitted by email along with the following:
- proof of performance/level
- a copy of your student ID
- a copy of your sports license from the previous year and a letter from your club or team certifying that you are enrolled for the current year