Select Page


Depending on your nationality, situation, and the duration of your stay, you might have to obtain a visa to study or conduct research in France.

European students do not need a visa. International, non-European students should check the Campus France website or the website of the French Consulate in their home country.

Residence permit

International students (not including nationals from the European Community) must obtain a student residence permit, which is separate from the visa, within three months prior to their arrival in France. This card, which is valid for up to one year, can be renewed.

> To submit a residence permit request:
You can submit your request for a residence permit to the university through the Student Life Department. At the department, you’ll find the forms you need and will be met by a team of specialists who will give you advice, evaluate your application, and send it to the Paris police headquarters office.

This document can be submitted directly to the police headquarters office.


> If you have a Long-Stay Visa used as a Residence Permit (VLSTS) (first request), you must contact the French Office of Immigration and Integration (OFFI) to finalize your permit to stay in France.


> If you have a D Visa with the note: “residence permit should be requested within two months after entering France” (Algerian students) or, in the case of a renewal request, you will receive a residence permit receipt that is valid for at least 90 days while you wait for your actual residence permit to arrive.



Student Life Department
12, rue de l’école de Médecine 75006 PARIS
Right wing of the building – Door A.0.4.

Open Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.